Friday, January 09, 2009

A Few Minutes With a 4-year-old:

Mom, may I have some tape, please?

I’m sorry, we don’t have any tape.

Please, can I have some tape?

We don’t have any tape.

Tape!

I just told you, we don’t have any tape.

Please!

How can I give you tape, when we don’t have any.

Tape! Tape!

We don’t have any tape so stop asking for it.

Pleeeezeee!

I know you understand what I’m saying so stop asking. We don’t have any tape.

Tape! Tape! Tape! Please!

If you ask me again, you’re going in a time out.

NO time out….!!!! Tape…! (runs away screaming…)


A few minutes later:

Mom, I guess we’ll just have to go to the store to buy some tape.

3 comments:

Roxane B. Salonen said...

Hey Lori, good to see you posting again. I was beginning to wonder. Well, you might not have any tape, but I'm hoping this means you got a little bit of sleep? :)
We never have enough tape around this place, either. I feel your pain all around!

Lori McManus said...

We did have tape - I was just refusing to give it to her - she uses it as band-aids for her dolls and I find it stuck to the floors, walls, couch, etc. I have the same conversation with her about cookies, stickers, TV shows, etc. I am trying to write more - especially to the blog, but my brain just isn't in the right spot yet. I call it momma madness - when you can't form a sentence to save your life, let alone write words that make sense...oh well, they tell me it comes back...

Roxane B. Salonen said...

Lori,
It does come back, and in time, will energize you. But I remember the days where you're at, and it was a struggle. Hang in there! Your kids are so cute. At least you have that. :)