Friday, December 04, 2009

Home

We made it. We moved, unpacked, hosted Thanksgiving, replaced a dishwasher, and have settled in nicely to our new family home. Whew. We've been here two weeks and I can barely remember the old house. Okay, not really. In fact, I just had a dream about it last night. Mostly anxiety dreams - like the whole deal will fall through (albeit impossible since all the paperwork has been signed) or the new owners will have found something wrong and are causing some ruckus. Thankfully, it is all just dreams, bad dreams. Because my reality is much better.

Our old house felt like Jim and my house. When Shaelin came along, it was fine, but as she grew, the walls starting closing in. Then Owen came and it really felt crowded; as if our house couldn't hold anymore. Now we're here and I have a hard time believing we were all stuffed inside that house. This feels like OUR house. Everyone has an equal stake in the house now.

We have just a few miscellaneous boxes to unpack, but all the essentials are done. I feel like I can put my feet up and relax. Such a great feeling. I haven't really felt this relieved in MONTHS - nearly a year! Time to get on with the business of living. Ahhhh...

No comments: